Helpful Hints for Taking Essiac From Seasoned Pros
Check out our favorite helpful hints from experienced essiac users.
- There are no
additives in the essiac to make it taste "better." The essiac has a grassy
taste that is slightly bitter. If it's not bitter, it's not real essiac, so this is a good thing! If a
sweeter taste is desired, we recommend adding stevia natural unsweetened fruit or vegetable juice.
- You may find a
variation in taste, color, texture and thickness of your brewed essiac from
batch to batch. This is normal. Each harvest of herbs varies due to varying
soil and climate conditions. All herbs are tested for purity and quality. All
herbs are pesticide free, insecticide free, herbicide free, and non-irradiated.
- You must brew the essiac tea as directed for best results. Adding the powder to smoothies, putting essiac into capsules, or buying premade essiac liquid with the herbs strained out all will compromise the integrity of the formula.
- Essiac must be taken on an empty stomach for best results. This means no food 2 hours before you take your essiac and 1 hour after you take your essiac. If you are away from home, take the essiac with you in a thermos.
- Avoid heating essiac again once it's been made. This risks overprocessing as you will end up "cooking" it twice.
- You may take supplements that are protein free as well as prescription or over the counter medications along with the essiac. There is no need to space them apart.
- Essiac is compatable with chemo as well as radiation. In fact, it's been known to improve the side effects of those treatments. If you are receiving chemo or radiation, it's recommended to take 6 oz. of essiac at a time rather than the usual 3 oz. This is because the treatments can weaken the effects of essiac tea.
- Take essiac for at least six months without interruption for best results. You may switch to 3 oz. twice per day to maintain the results after you are pleased with them.
- If you develop loose stool especially at the beginning of taking essiac, know that it's normal and it's part of how the product is designed to work to clean out your system. It's generally comfortable and you will be able to continue all your usual activities.
- If you have stage 4 cancer or otherwise have been given a terminal diagnosis, the suggested serving size is 6 oz. three times per day.
I hope you found these helpful hints about essiac tea useful!